Final Blog Post

The team at the FDR event with our Poster.

This week was the Final Design Review, where everything we’ve worked on for the past two semesters all culminates into one event. The presentational part of the event went incredibly well, we clearly went over the pitch, the aspects that we worked on, and what the future holds for Hacker Jeopardy. We were also able to see the complete states of two other projects in IPPD: Composite Guardian, and Reptile Repo. The supervisors from Raytheon were incredibly pleased with our work although our liaison couldn’t be here since they were on other business. 

With the completion of the FDR event, this will be the final time our team posts on this blog, for the occasion we’ve decided to do one final sendoff from each of our perspectives: 

Nicolas: Hi, I’ve actually been the main writer for the blog for this project, all the way from the beginning. It’s been an amazing experience working with this talented group of people, both my peers in this group, and working with the IPPD team, our coach, and with Raytheon. I’ve really gotten a lot out of this project, both from the documentation and hands-on work. I’m glad I was able to learn how to deal with legacy systems and how to use full-stack technologies and how they work. I’m proud of the work I’ve done and the work we’ve done together as a team, and I wish everyone the best of luck beyond IPPD! 

Steven: IPPD was a great experience for me! I learned a lot throughout this past year and gained valuable experience that I can apply to my job in the future. My communication and presentation skills have improved significantly from working with my team for this class. This project also helped improve my resume and helped me find a job after graduation. My software engineering skills have also improved after working on this project and I feel much more comfortable working with a legacy codebase. I enjoyed the time I spent working with my team, our liaison Randall Brooks, and our coach Cheryl Resch. I am glad I did this program for my senior project! 

Aditya: Hi everyone! I’ve had the pleasure of contributing to this incredible project in various ways. From assisting with documentation to lending a hand in programming, I’ve enjoyed collaborating with our highly skilled team, the IPPD staff, our coach, and Raytheon. I even had the opportunity to create a video showcasing the features we’ve implemented. It’s been an incredible journey learning how to navigate legacy systems and gaining hands-on experience with full-stack technologies. I’m proud of the work our team has accomplished together, and I wish everyone continued success beyond the IPPD program! 

Justin: It’s been a great experience working with my team over the past year – I definitely think that our work in IPPD was far more involved and interesting than the standard set of CompSci senior projects, and I would not trade both the experience I gained and the experience in general for any other alternative. Even though I had a more supportive role on the team, I gained a lot of experience in creating and delivering presentations over these past two semesters, and I also improved my ability to revise and draft professional reports, which will certainly be useful in the future. All in all, I think Cyber Jeopardy did a great job – here’s to our future successes after our graduation on the 5th!

All of us would like to give a huge thank you to everyone would helped support our project with an especially huge thanks to our coach, Cheryl Resch, and our Raytheon liaison, Randall Brooks!