This week Macro Mice gave the last presentation on our project, the Final Design Review. While we are happy with the results of our project, we are sad to leave it. While Macro Mice plans on continuing improving the prototype… Read More
Many weeks ago, Macro Mice gave an update on the current state of the prototype to receive feedback. Below are some screenshots from our presentation.
As part of some IPPD deliverables, a video and poster were made to show off the Spiny Mouse Selfie. Take a look at them below!
This week the team was finally able to get a numerical measurement from the Video Processor program. While it is unclear how replicable these results are due to the small amount of data tested, they do offer some reassurance that the system is… Read More
This week we accomplished a lot! On the software side, we decided to split our program into two parts. This first is a script that helps capture the video with the Raspberry Pi. The second is a script for a PC to analyze the video and get a measurement. The… Read More
This week the final steps of our project have fully taken shape. On the physical side of the project, we have begun manufacturing the final iteration of the enclosure. This has been an exciting process as we finally get to realize concepts that have… Read More
With recent lab trips, we have seen odd behavior occurring with our camera and how difficult it is to acquire good frames with Raspberry Pi compatible cameras. We have thought about switching processors. If we were to use a PC, we could use a… Read More
This week, we continued work on the prototype. Physically, we soldered the wires of the IR beam and continued to play with the positioning of the lighting. Additionally, we have begun work on the final version of the physical enclosure of the Behavioral Unit. Aiming to be… Read More
This week Macro Mice was able to take more videos with the live mice. From this we learned that the IR cameras are our best option, but we will have to figure out some ways to extend the lights, so they do… Read More
This week team Macro Mice was able to do additional tests with the live mice. This time the mice had newly punctured holes in their ears, which was extremely helpful. While we are unable to show any of these tests due… Read More